Updown Cottage Shaftesbury ~ A Luxury Holiday Cottage in Dorset
Sleeps 6 - Updown Cottage is a restored 16th century cottage in one of the most photographed and picturesque locations in Britain, literally half way up and half way down Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, Dorset. Otherwise known as 'Hovis' Hill, it was the location for one of the most famous advertisements - Ridley Scott's 'Boy on a Bicycle' filmed in the 1970s.
The cottage which has earned 5 stars with Gold award from Visit Britain, sleeps 6 in 4 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms and has attracted various guests such as a composer seeking solitude and inspiration, honeymoon couples and bridal parties from local venues such as Larmer Tree Gardens and local Shaftesbury churches, and groups of friends and families looking for a supremely comfortable and luxurious base.
It is equipped with everything that you might look for, from Wifi to a baby grand piano, beams, inglenook fire, Aga Masterchef, high quality AV systems, a film library extending to several hundred videos & DVDs, beautiful linen & robes to those captivating views across miles of glorious English countryside.
Updown is 1 minute's walk from small independent shops, boutiques, delis and galleries and the National Express coach stop. Shaftesbury is perfectly placed to explore most of the west country - Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath, the Jurassic coast are all within the hour but the town itself now boasts its own boutique hotel with superb restaurant. The area is a foodie's haven and there is a wealth of stylish and quirky places proudly serving their own or very local produce.
- Sleeps 6 in 2 kingsize double & 2 single bedrooms
- 3 bath / shower rooms - 1 ensuite, 1 wetroom style, 1 bathroom
- Sitting Room
- Music Room
- Dining room
- Kitchen with small utility room
- All White Company linen, huge quantities of towels & robes supplied
- Logs supplied for the woodburning stove
- Breakfast basket of deli goodies - Dorset Cereals muesli, 4 pints milk, bread, butter, jam, marmalade, Nespresso capsules, tea, orange juice
- Wifi & wired broadband and all landline national calls included
- Baby grand piano
- Washing machine, Dishwasher, Tumble dryer
- Microwave, Food processor, Nespresso machine, Aga Masterchef
- DVD & video machines, flat screen TVs, digital radios, ipod connections
- Hillside garden, Wooden garden furniture
- Chef by recommendation
- Dining facilities for 12 people
- Additional cleaning on request
- One to one yoga sessions by recommendation